Wednesday, October 20, 2010

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH DAVID ABDALLAH – A PHOTOGRAPHER WITH A PASSION.

LPM: Where did you study?
David: I studied Law at the Lebanese University
LPM: Introduce yourself? How long have you been in photography? Starting point? And what is fun and rewarding about Photography? In other words what makes David Abdallah, the famous David Abdallah.
David: I’ve been in this field for more than 15 years; it is a challenging, wide and fast growing domain. It first started as a hobby, I discovered later that it’s the only thing I want to do in life. The fun part is the creative part where you have to come up with something new each time, what is rewarding is the appreciation of the clients and people around me and my self satisfaction about the accomplishment, this is also challenging as it motivates me to give better results in the future.
LPM: How would you describe your photography style?
David: It is a different style that I have developed through my 15 years of experience, I am able now to master the direction and creativity of lights..and That’s what photography is all about .. Nevertheless I’m more interested in how others describe my style.
LPM: What advice do you have for new Photographers?
David:To improve their talent by being updated about all the new equipments in this field and mostly the lighting techniques, extensive researches about all kind of arts, to accept the criticize and work hard to improve their talent and skills.
LPM: Did you train at another photographer?
David:No
LPM: How do you prepare for a photo shoot?
David:I discuss with the client what he has in mind, we try to define and shimmer the idea until we come up with a fine concept. Sometimes we work with a creative Art director. Once the concept is approved, my team will arrange for the production, casting, finding the convenient location (if it’s an outdoor photo shoot) and all the necessary arrangements within the deadline agreed with the client.
LPM: Do you shoot what you feel is best for your clients or do you allow some to clearly define what they want?
David: The client explains me what is the main idea he has in mind and I help him shimmering this idea into a concept and than into imagery.
LPM:  How do you decide on locations & subjects?
David: Usually I sit and discuss these issues with the client, the Art director if any and my creative team
LPM: How do you work out your composition?
David: I get inspired from the subject/product of the photo session taking into consideration the main message which the client wants to promote through my photos.
LPM: What distinguishes a good model from a bad one?
David: She either can pose in front of the camera or not, she has to be active, self-confident and have a good eye contact.
LPM: What make the Lebanese photographers different from the west?
David: Their style due to their different culture
LPM: Do You Have A Favorite Lens…If So What Is It?
David: Noctilux 50 mm 0.95
LPM: What is your Lighting Equipment and Techniques?
David: Broncolor
LPM: In general, during a session, how many pictures would you say you take to find “the right one”?
David: It depends, sometimes the perfect one is within the first shots. Here the model, the art director if any also the set and lighting team have to be very well prepared. This will help getting the perfect shot at an early stage
LPM: Who are your famous clients?
David: BRANDS: to name a few : DIOR-GUERLAIN- ESTEE LAUDER- THIERRY MUGLER- HELENA RUBENSTEIN- FURLA- VIVIENNE WESTWOOD-CARTIER- LOUIS VUITTON- YSL-
Celebrities: Najwa Karam, Haifa Wehbe, Nancy Ajram, Sherine Abdel Wahab, Rashed al majid, Mjida El Roumi,  to name a few
LPM: What is your latest work (last 4)?
David: Fady Kataya (Beauty Shoot, Advertorial)-VIVIENNE WESTWOOD (Ad campaign, the overall ad campaign was assigned to my company) Dior (Fashion and Beauty shoot, Editorial), Helena Rubenstein and Cartier (Beauty and Jewelry shoot, Editorial)
LPM: What do you say for people who love your work?
David: Thank you for your support. The best is yet to come
LPM: What do you say to Lebanese Photography Magazine?
David: It was pleasures having this interview.I wish you all the success
Studio David Abdallah
Tel / Fax : +961 4 416 445
Mobile    : +961 3 167 000
www.davidabdallah.com








No comments:

Post a Comment